Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ecuador Internet Connection Speeds Up!

The Pro-Ecuador BLOG has moved. Our news address is www.living-in-ecuador-blog.com

Click here to read this post at the new BLOG.


I just received an unexpected call from Andinanet, my Internet service provider in Ecuador. Andinanet is having a promotion until the end of December whereby they will upgrade the speed of my current DSL connection from 256K/128K to 512K/128K at no additional charge.

I know, these speeds seem very slow compared to speeds in North America or Europe; however, Ecuador lacks sufficient telecommunications infrastructure and the news of a 512K download speed had me dancing around the office. I have been hearing rumors of a new fiber optic line in Ecuador, but now I think it might be true.

Internet is still relatively expensive in Ecuador. The new 512K/128K DSL connection costs $79/month. If $79/month is too expensive for your Ecuador budget, Andinanet offers a range of less expensive (and slower) alternatives.

I’m happy with my Internet connection because I successfully do business by email, phone (VOIP), and FAX; people only know that I am in Ecuador when I reveal my secret!

2 comments:

Jason said...

I would like to let everyone know that my Internet connection did speed up as promised by Andinanet. I have downloads close to 550kbps and am very happy with the speed.

cheap satellite internet said...

Fantastic goods from you, man.I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent.I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise.I can not wait to read far more from you.This is actually a terrific website.
cheap satellite internet